- Sustainability makes sense, however you look at the future
- Work towards sustainabiity and resilience improves
- The route to sustainability is different for each community
- The best way to work out how to make it work is to try things out and find out what works for your community
- There are many aspects to sustainability: reducing energy use, local food, local currencies, community building, developing skills, co-housing
Rob Hopkins has written several books about transition towns and how to start, the latest is The Transition Companion: Making Your Community More Resilient in Uncertain Times . I’m waiting for my copy to arrive, I’ll review it here in a week or two.